Environmental and Sustainability
- Have you heard the term “Green?” and reducing your carbon footprint?.
- This can be achieved by using less energy, reducing the amount of waste by reducing, recycling and reusing.
- Every employer will want you to work economically! If you waste products or other resources then you’ll lose the business money.
- Measure hair colour and peroxide out accurately to avoid waste – only get what you know you’ll need!
- Don’t automatically issue appointment cards if a client has a smartphone or diary
- Use pump dispensers to avoid waste
- Reduce water use by turning off taps between shampoos
- Disposable eco towels to save on energy
- Rotate stock so it doesn’t go out of date
- Print on both sides of the paper
- An electronic appointment system saves paper
- Turn Lights off
- Become a solar paneled salon! Or at least maximize your use of natural day light!
- Unplug appliances not in use
- Use low energy bulbs
- Turn heating down
- Avoid disposable cups
- Go retro and buy old rather than new and make sure you sell / or give away your old furniture
- Re use items for furniture rather than buying new!
- Re-use bags